Volunteer Training Event
Coaches and Assistant Coaches
Referees, Team Parents and Staff
Sat. March 10th and Sun. March 11th
Old Orchard Junior High School
9310 Kenton, Skokie IL
Click here to read more about AYSO Section Road Show Information
Click here for the AYSO Section 6 Road Show Schedule
Enroll now into these courses for certification:
AYSO Safe Haven Course
Coach Certifications Course for U06, U08, U10, U12 and Intermediate (U14)
Enrollment Instructions below
Enrollment Instructions below
If you are are volunteer that needs to be certified, please read.
- All team parents and staff must be AYSO Safe Haven certified.
- All coaches must be AYSO Safe Haven certified and in the division assigned.
- All referees must be AYSO Safe Haven certified and referee certified by level.
Safe Haven Certification
All coaches and volunteers are required to have Safe Haven Certification. If you do not have Safe Haven, its important you complete this course.
The importance of Safe Haven certification is an AYSO National Requirement and that by being Safe Haven certified, we know that you understand our approach by being safe with our children in AYSO. All volunteers in AYSO across the country must be AYSO Safe Haven certified.
Many of our volunteers are Safe Haven certified, and if you are not - we'd like for you to be current with our safe haven practices and standards. Its very important that you are certified and good for the kids in AYSO Region 183 that you are Safe Haven certified.
Many volunteers take AYSO Safe Haven again to get a refresher on safety, positive coaching, good sportsmanship and volunteerism in AYSO.
If you need AYSO Safe Haven certification, please take one of the following sessions at the Road Show event:
AYSO Safe Haven Schedule
- Sat. March 10th 12:30pm - 3:00pm
- Sun. March 11th 12:30pm - 3:00pm
- U06 Coach Certification 9:30am - 11:30am *
- U08 Coach Certification 3:30pm - 05:30pm
- U10 Coach Certification 9:00am - 12:00pm *
- U08 Coach Certification 9:30am - 11:30am*
- U06 Coach Certification 3:30pm - 05:30pm
- U10 Coach Certification 9:00am - 12:00pm*
- U12 Coach Certification 12:00pm - 5:00pm
- U14 Coach Certification (Intermediate) - 2 Days
- Previous Completion of U12 Coach Certification Required
- March 10 and March 11 9:00am-5:00pm (both days)
* If you are taking 9:00am or 9:30am course and enrolled in Safe Haven at 12:30pm, lunch will be served.
Coach Certification AYSO 183 RequirementsAll coaches in U06, U08, U10, U12, U14 are required to completed Coach Certification for the division that they are coaching teams for Spring 2012 and beyond at AYSO 183.
You'll receive age-appropriate training, learn about AYSO coaching practices, teaching new skills, soccer games/drills for your players.
All volunteers must use www.eayso.org to enroll into a course at the Road Show. This is a required step for entering the class. By now almost all coaches who are registered with us, use eAYSO to enroll into courses.
- To enroll, login into eAYSO.
- Under "My EAYSO" in the upper left.
- Click on "Course Signup".
- At the Search - Choose State "IL", Section "6" and Area "D".
- Look for the Course on 3/10 or 3/11
- Choose the course.
Notification for attending a Course.
When you do sign up for a course, please let me know so that I can confirm with the AYSO Instructors and with eAYSO. This is very important that you inform me that you've completed the course.
If you are not able to attend any courses that weekend, we do have available online courses for certification (Safe Haven, U06, U08, and U10). Please let me know if you'd like to complete online training.
U12 Course and beyond
There are NO online courses for U12, Intermediate and Advanced Coach Certifications. In addition, in order to take Intermediate, you must have U12. If you need Advanced Coach then you'll need to complete the Intermediate Coach Certification.
If you've acquired coach certifications and are up to date, I suggest that you consider taking a Basic Referee Course at the AYSO Road Show. As a coach and being trained as a referee, you'll begin to appreciate the role of the Referee.
Also, if you have a friend or know of another parent who is interested, I encourage you to ask them to volunteer as a referee and be trained.
Please inform me if you are taking a Referee course, so that I can have our Referee Administrator contact you regarding more details.
Our region needs a continuous support for the referee group. We have many games going on Saturdays and that having more referees lessens the load with our current referee team. I'd like to remind you that there have been times that we've have not been able to have some games maned by a referees. Coaches, thank you for stepping up and helping referee.
AYSO Region 183 Coach Administrator